Sewa Yuva Jyoti
SEWA YUVA JYOTI – Digital Literacy And Personality Development Initiative
With the country striving forward on the path of development and technological advancement, it is the youth who are forebearers of this journey towards a Shining India. The training equips rural youth with digital literacy programs, laying special focus on personality development, soft skills and generating means of livelihood for local youth. It aims at bridging the gap between the demand for skilled labour and the supply of trained technology professionals. Most of these children don’t grow up with access to even the most basic technology, so when and if they decide to pursue a career in this field, they have a difficult time adjusting to and familiarizing themselves with different tools of the trade. Empowering underprivileged youth with digital literacy skills not only meets a key workforce demand but also extends much-needed access to education throughout various communities.
FIELD OF ACTIVITIES
- COMPUTER TRAINING CENTER- Throughout the 10 centers in all the clusters, a basic computer training programme is run for the digital literacy of the youth. The trainers aim at enabling the trainees in basic computer operation to increase their skill and hence provide them with better chances of employability.
- REGISTRATION FOR TALLY COURSES – It is important to maintain a record of all monetary transactions in all offices . To record such transactions it is necessary for an individual to learn tally. Tally software is used so widely that it has become imperative for the students seeking jobs in the Accounts department of any company to learn Tally to the advanced level. Registration of students for the Tally Courses has been done in the computer centres in all clusters namely Pokhari, Dewal, Simli, Agastmuni etc.
- MOBILISATION FOR BAL PANCHAYATS – Seeing the effectiveness of the Panchayati Raj system, especially the way the Gram Panchayats got people involved and made real improvements in the villages, the Center for Integrated Development and UNICEF set up the first Bal Panchayats. The purpose of the children’s council was to involve the youth in asserting their rights, building their sense of community involvement, and training them to hold leadership positions in Gram Panchayats and higher tiers of that system when they reach adulthood. If the system worked so well for villagers addressing their own needs and participating in government, why shouldn’t children be involved in solving problems that affect them and their peers?
- ESTABLISHING SEWA SANSADHAN KENDRA – Establishment of Sewa Sansadhan Kendra” has been done which was Inaugurated in Feb 2018. These Kendras act as a one-stop solution to all the problems faced by these SHGs. It provides facilities under one roof to the community for their knowledge development. The kendras help to disseminate information regarding how to apply for a pan card, Aadhar and even in the opening of bank accounts etc.
- BASIC CODING TRAINING BY NASSCOM – In order to identify, build, nurture talent in technology space and focus on making students job-ready from day 1, this training helps them get a head start to their career. It is also a step towards making the trainees acquainted with the requirements of the IT industry and the various job opportunities.
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR
- A Total of 1292 students have received training in 10 computer centers.
- Establishment of Sewa Sansaadhan Kendra.
- Association and visit to STEAM Vision for 2 days training in robotic technology.
- A 20 member meeting held to initiate the proceedings on BAL Panchayats.